Ustron and surrounding region
Ustroń is a perfect place for relax, mountain hiking, skiing, cycling and other sports. The city is located between beautiful scenic slopes of Czantoria and Równica.
The most important attractions of Ustroń:
- Saltwater swimming pools,
- 4-person Cable Railway ‘Czantoria’,
- Toboggan run,
- Forest Park of Surprise,
- Tourist and walk routes,
- Cycling routes,
- Indoor tennis courts,
- Illuminated ski routes,
- Monuments and cultural facilities.
A lot of interesting sport and cultural festivals are organized.
Due to the proximity of the mountains Równica, Czantoria and Orłowa, Ustroń is a convenient starting point for hikers. In Ustroń begins, for instance, Beskid Main Tourist Route, labeled red. It runs from the center of Ustroń on Równica, and then descends to Ustroń Polana and climbs on Czantoria.
Tourist routes leading to the peaks:
- Yellow tourist route: railway station in Skoczów - Lipowiec – Lipowski Groń – Równica
- Yellow tourist route: railway station in Ustroń-Zdrój – Ustroń Czantoria Baranowska – Czantoria Mała
- Blue tourist route named after J. Galicz: railway station in Ustroń-Zdrój - mountain hostel on Czantoria – Wielka Czantoria
- Green tourist route: Ustroń Polana – Chata na Orłowej (cottage on Orłowa)
The town of Ustroń created also marked walk routes:
- Town Route – brown,
- Monument Route – blue,
- Scenic Route – red,
- Sanatorium Route – yellow,
- Jelecznik Route – blue,
- Forest Route – yellow,
- Source Route – red,
- Vistula Route – green,
- Route to Jaszowiec – black.
- Polish-Czech-border Knight's Route: Glade Stokłosica – Czantoria Wielka - Poniwiec - Ustroń Polana (on the Polish side labeled with a green image of the knight)
Cycling routes, which run across Ustroń:
- International Cycling Route Greenways: Cracow – Moravia – Vienna
- Vistula Cycling Route – blue route
- Red cycling route no. 24 (Bike loop of Euro region Cieszyn Silesia)
- Main Carpathian Cycling Route (621 km) – red route
- Green cycling route no. 13– Ustroń - Jastrzębie-Zdrój - Rybnik (82 km)
- Blue cycling route no. 12 – Jaworze - Górki Wielkie - Ustroń (22 km)
- Yellow cycling route no. 256 – Dzięgielów – Ustroń (8,5 km)
In winter you will find here a lot of ski lifts and pistes for downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, snowboarding and ski mountaineering, all with different difficulty levels. The slopes are illuminated snowed and tucked.
- Poniwiec Mała Czantoria
- Cable Railway ‘Czantoria’
- Ski lift ‘Faturka’
- Ski lift ‘Solisko’ Ski lift Czantoria - Polanka
- Cable Railway Palenica - Ustroń Jaszowiec
The Rope Park and Extreme Park are located below the peak of Równica. One of their attraction is a year-long toboggan run.
The Forest Park of Surprise is a great attraction for those who admire communing with animals. You can see there, inter alia, bison, deer, mouflon, fallow deer and interesting demonstrations of birds of prey and owls.
Another amazing attraction is the Cable Railway on Czantoria. It is open all year round. You can admire there beautiful views, in summer go for a charming walk and enjoy skiing in winter. Moreover, a 710-metre toboggan run and a canoe pond are open in summer.
We invite you to visit historic churches in Ustroń as well as the Museum of Ustroń, where in addition to permanent exhibitions, interesting exhibits are presented temporarily.